I was in a really lazy mood this weekend, and I had nowhere near enough energy to trace over a really intricate pattern with a transfer pencil. So, instead I decided to put the 40-50 year old inks to the test...
I had a couple of scraps of green-line pillowcase transfers, and they looked in good enough shape to try ( the paper was yellowing a tiny bit):
I did try a tiny piece first, on the inside of the pillowcase, it took, so I pinned and tried the whole thing. I peeled off the corner first:
And, voila! It worked!
Not bad, considering it's older than me. I decided to embroider it all in white on light blue... if I ever finish you'll get a pic of that. So, just an FYI - some of those old transfers really work!
I scanned the transfer, if any of you want to try it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mytransfers/3392786027/