Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Summer dreams

bridge

There's something about late Spring and summer that makes me very, very happy and restless. For some reason, my brain chooses this one time of year to give me the feeling that I need to get up and move - but I'm not sure where or how. Also, I remember, in a vivid display, so many things that have happened to me over the years at this time. I remember hot, sticky summer days filled with a golden heat that gleams in the hair, skin, and eyes. I remember swimming pools and cool streams and breeze. I remember car trips and wishing for things with all my might. I remember, even, dreams.



Here's the music that says to me, most clearly, the strange and restless things I'm feeling (being totally aware that these playlist sites are here today and gone tomorrow - so enjoy it while it lasts! :)



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

1 comment:

Lola Nova said...

I love the playlist and I am familiar with the feeling. I am listening to Irma Thomas right now, a great love of mine. She's the female Otis, sort of.

I'm remembering road trips, making strawberry jam - causing a fog to cloud up the windows and imagining all the places in the world I hope to see.

Thank you for sharing this.