Friday, July 10, 2009

Staring at birds, animals, and flowers



One of my favorite things to do, (and it's always been one of my favorite things) is to take in all the tiniest things, almost microscopic details that are easy to miss. These red flowers, for instance, are TINY. Looking down at them they look like closed, red swirls, nothing special, but they attract hummingbirds.



I became fascinated with these close-ups I took a few days ago - the colors, the light, the very weirdness of these little flowers...


strange

I moved on to the wet green edges of leaves:


light

drops

Beautiful succulents:



Then, I became obsessed with the red centers of Hibiscus flowers:



Moving closer:



And closer



Then I found the orange Hibiscus, bruised and wan from the sun, and was paralyzed by their ragged beauty as well:



Down to the tiny spider within them, that seemed to be sunbathing:


surprise inside

I'm loving the heat, the slow pace, and the weird universe of living things: birds, animals, insects, and flowers. I hope your summer is as filled with magic!

3 comments:

Di said...

Macro features are so cool. I love to take really close up photos of plants too! The details are amazing.

Sylvie said...

Wow! I totally grok where you are coming from.

Saints and Spinners said...

These are beautiful photos! Thanks for posting them. I enjoy getting a chance to look at aspects of the natural world though someone else's eyes.