Saturday, September 26, 2009

Conversations: alli_lucy

Conversations: Alli_lucy
1. bridge by me 2. flowers by alli_lucy
3. mittens by me 4. DPP_1052 by alli_lucy

The girl who goes by the name alli_lucy on Flickr is special to me for a few reasons. Number one, of course is her craftiness, which is the first reason I met her, as I trolled through the depths of the Flickr Embroidery pool. Following her blog revealed another layer, a wonderfully stylish person who loves vintage clothing and elegance, and a bit of spunky uniqueness in her clothes. Also, an adventurer, who gets to spend her summers on exotic digs! In short, a beautiful Indiana Jones who knows how to knit and embroider. Also, she visits here often and her comments make my day. But probably what what I remember most is that she purchased the menorah embroidery I donated to my friend's Hope for Jasenn store. It makes me really, really, really happy, that my little piece went to live with her.


My conversation with her doesn't describe her entirely, but it does contain bits of what I love in her world and stream: a magical elegance and delicateness that is silvery and sweet. Thanks Alli, for making the internet so sweet!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

i'm really loving these conversation pieces. you have such a unique way of looking at things and pairing them together.

Alli said...

Oh my goodness, thank you, Floresita! You just made my day (and brought a little tear to my eye, I must admit). I feel so lucky to have a friend like you!