Friday, October 23, 2009

Conversations: Danielle Thompson

Conversations: Danielle Thompson
1. me by me 2. Untitled by Danielle
3. Untitled by Danielle 4. me by me


Danielle lives in a truly candy-colored world. Of all the Flickr contacts that I follow (almost religiously), Danielle stands alone in having such a unique point of view, sense of color, and composition that I recognize her photos without even looking at the byline. She has a blog which is so full of candy-like, dreamy inspiration that it will make your head spin. She has an Etsy shop, and a blog where she sells her amazing graphic kits called Kitschy Digitals.


I love the rigorous way she edits her images to create photos that aren't merely photos, but almost confections. I'm amazed by how consistently lovely her style is - to me that sets her work apart as that of an artist. I view myself as one of those hit-or-miss peeps that occasionally takes a pretty picture, but Danielle is an artist that consistently creates.


My conversation with Danielle is about color, mood, and frothiness. Thank you, Danielle, for giving us a window through which to view such color, such sweetness, such art and dreaminess!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love that bottom right photo of you, but it isn't on your flickr.. :(