Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The bug bit me

flesh tones

So, blogging every day for over a month was a little exhausting, but also really inspiring! Now I feel an extra kick to blog as regularly as possible. I have a few works in progress, so I'm going to blog as often as I can to get my butt into gear and finish them.


after one viewing of Twilight

Recognize that one half of an eye/ head up there? Seriously, I find it a little hard to stitch this because I'm laughing so hard at it. :) Don't get me wrong, I love Robert Pattinson, but there's nothing quite so funny as a cross-stitched Robward. I mean, really, look. I'm planning this as a secret gift to someone special, and there will be a few modifications. Most notably, a choice phrase stitched underneath... :)


rather slow progress

Isn't it so teensy-tiny? I'm stitching on 18 ct black Aida cloth with Presencia floss. This, by the way represents my piteous progress after one viewing of Twilight. It's gonna be a while! :)



Thank you so much to everyone who commented on, emailed, or said good things about the Conversations. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed them and that I had a chance to say 'thank you' to ONLY SOME of the many, many awesome people I have met, admired, or interacted with online. I'd like to leave the line of conversation open and create a new one every so often. But, please, if I have left anyone out, chalk it up to my own lack of energy and creativity and nothing more. Every single person I have met online and in this crafty community means so much to me. Every person who comments, emails me, or marks me as a contact on Flickr is part of that world, a world I'm so grateful to inhabit. Thank you to everyone, because you all inspire me!

3 comments:

Lucrecer said...

Those shoes...I love them more everytime I see you in them. They are so bad ass. The Conversations bit is awesome. Truly awesome. You have made me think differently about how I share artists and creatives on my blog. Thank you for the inspiration.

Alexx said...

I have really enjoyed this month - I hope you keep up the blogging! Also loving that cross stitch on the black Aida.

Alli said...

Hehe - you are going to need to watch A LOT of Twilight to finish that one up (darn, looking at Robert Pattinson is such a drag...)! I can't even say how much I love the idea of a cross stitched Robward. It would give me constant fits of the giggles.