Saturday, November 7, 2009

Recent embroidery

Robward progress

So, thanks to cheesy films and Riff Trax, I've made excellent Robward progress, such that I decided to photograph him in the lovely sunlight we enjoyed this morning. And what, you may be asking is Riff Trax? Well, if you, like me, are a nerd of the prime order, you may be aware of a canceled show called Mystery Science Theater 3000. Although the show is no longer with us on air, the goofballs behind the riffing are, and they have a website called Riff Trax, where they peddle MP3 audio files you can cue to your DVDs. Their riff of Twilight is legendary, and highly recommended by this nerd (particularly if you have watched this film an inordinate amount of times already, and/or have males in your household who hate the whole Twilight phenomenon, so they can fully love / loathe it right along with you.) :)


Also on my viewing menu for Robward progress was: Officer and a Gentleman, 1/2 of Blade Runner, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Lord of the Rings: Two Towers + accompanying Riff track. Yeah, it's really slow going.


But of course, even though I have a ton of unfinished projects, I just had to start another one this morning, the second Ms. Hart uploaded it:


Just had to

Wish me luck! Hey, what are you guys working on? Also, let me know if you've checked out the Riff Trax... :)

6 comments:

jane said...

The Riff Trax preview for Twilight makes me want to watch the movie.

Peggy said...

Very nice work!

Peggy

Jacey said...

Some friends of mine host a weekly Rifftrax night. I've been a few times, and it's so much fun. twilight was the last one we watched. I agree, it's very fun and nerdy.

Alli said...

Oh. My. Lord. How have I never heard of Riff Trax? MST3K is one of my favorite things ever. I suddenly want to drop everything that I have planned for the afternoon.

Robward is looking awesome!

FrumpDoll said...

I love your work and was hoping maybe you could help me. I just recently started embroidering and am trying to figure out how people keep their work nicely framed in the hoop, it seems like a cute, cheap way to do things. I've looked around and haven't been able to find an answer to this seemingly easy question! Help?

mama turtle said...

haven't gone to Riff Trax yet, but I just had to say how hilarious that cross stitch is. Did you make the pattern? I have a friend that I would like to do that for.