Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cute Loot

my ornie

So here's the cute loot I scored at the Etsy booth on Sunday (when I didn't have my camera, as you may recall)... I made this cute little ornament from a free kit they had at the booth. I sat down with their shiny silver shears and complimentary thread, but since I'm hardcore, I totally had my own needle on hand. :) Yeah, I really hope they didn't think I was stealing their needle, I always come prepared to embroider. :)


Now, as if it wasn't enough that they provided materials to make your own ornament, you could even take a kit with you. Or, 2, in my delighted case, because I swore I'd be giving them away:
ornies


You want to take a closer look at that bear? Yeah, I know you do. But be careful, because he's so flipping cute, he could hurt you.
bear ornie


They also had these cute gift tags on hand:
gift tags from Etsy

I had to ask "is this free?" a few times before I really believed it.


Then I headed to the Hello Craft booth next door which boasted an entire table of crafts you could sit down and make. I settled for a few bookmarks with Craft Pudding stamps:
bookmarks I made


I'm thinking I'll add all of this to the Holiday giveaway on Feeling Stitchy - just hoping I can squish them down enough to travel cheaply... :)


Have you guys gone to any good craft / holiday fairs yet? Scored any awesome free stuff? Met any cool peeps?

5 comments:

Alli said...

Oh my gosh, SO. SO. CUTE. That bear is amazing!

SpiffySara said...

ahhh my heart just melted a little bit when I saw that bear! I will have to visit etsy.com later on to get one of my own!

floresita said...

I know, I died when I saw that bear. :)

I don't know if they're selling these kits - they were free at the event - but I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes!

beadgirl said...

The bear is adorable. And I am so jealous you got to go to the craft fair (grumble stupid final class project grumble).

Jaki said...

WOW for free! But they are so adorable =)

Haha and carrying around ur needle ^o^

BTW Nice blog u have!