Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My year in crafts: 2009

My year in crafts

One thing I love about Flickr is its ability to prove me wrong. See, this year felt like a bit of an unproductive wasteland for me - I spent so much of it thinking and going through some rough spots. It seemed to me I hadn't made much of anything. But all I had to do was click back through my archives to see I created much more than I realized. I love looking at things that my over-filled brain has completely forgotten, like that cute mixtape card, banner, and white-on-white embroidery and thinking, oh yeah, I did that. I've never had a visual medium to record all the ideas and things I make, so I'm really grateful for Flickr.



Oh, and by the way, an update on Mr. Pattinson - who you see in all his cross-stitched glory: he was finally dispatched to my best friend's home where he was duly opened by her mom whose reaction was "Lamb? Stupid? Wha-?" My best friend, however, cracked up. Her boyfriend likely rolled his eyes so hard he swooned. In short: Mission Accomplished. :)


Does this exist... in cross-stitch?

This brings me to another challenge which I may take up. My best friend's office mate is solidly Team Jacob and has requested a cross-stitch of his abs. Seriously? Cross-stitched abs? The thought is so ridiculous I might have to do it. Can anyone help me find a pattern of cross-stitched Jacob abs? I'd be eternally grateful! ;)

5 comments:

Alli said...

Hahahaha - I don't know about patterns, but I think that cross-stitched Jacob abs would make my year. Already.

Sylvie said...

If all else fails, there are free cross stitch chart makers on the interwebs ...

beadgirl said...

Do you have that cross stitch software that converts photos into charts? If not, perhaps there is a free or cheap download of such software.

Little Green Doll said...

Nice works you have done!!! Cross-stitched abs?? hahaha, so funny!!

Jill said...

I love your happy birthday banner! I will be spending some time over the weekend making one myself!