Saturday, February 20, 2010

My favorite park

I was at home for the long weekend, which happened to encompass Valentine's Day. I saw the people I love - my family, my friends, and the places I love. I found myself shutting my eyes so I could memorize little exact moments and times. Because these things are so brief. I went to my favorite park with my sister, and we stared at wildlife and I searched the water for hidden things:


frog hiding in the light on the water

I sat by a spring, basking in light and warmth.




Something about this brilliant blue-green - just says something to me.


light in the spring water

Hope your long weekend was every bit as full of the people and places you love. :)

2 comments:

Cinnamon Swirl said...

oh, this looks beautiful and I must admit I'm rather jealous seeing that we had more snow here yesterday.

Tattie Ann said...

I just stumbled across your blog, happily : ) You're a talented writer! I loved your photo of the frog...it reminds me of my yard in late spring with the magnolia leaves and moss...and warm sunshine! *ahh* the anticipation of spring!