Friday, April 16, 2010

Think pink


Thank you guys, for all the nice compliments on the Lookback photos! :) I was once again playing with Pioneer Woman actions, I combined Fresh and Colorful, Lovely and Ethereal, and 70's (of course!) to get that look.

I thought I'd share with you what NY has looked like for the past 2 weeks - the white flowers have been raining down from the trees in steady downpours, leaving behind fresh green leaves, and out of nowhere, pink trees have bloomed...


This tree is in Brooklyn, not far from my apartment, and standing under it is like nothing else in the world. Have you ever stood under a pink tree in the sunshine? It doesn't feel real, and I highly recommend it. I'm not sure what these pink trees are called - the blossoms look like clumps of miniature roses.
Here's one from far away:


(bigger)
This one stands in front of Grace Church, and I almost took a picture of all the people stopping to take a picture of it. Then I decided that would be boring and ironic. :)

Here's a closer look.


Any of you ever been to Grace Church? I'm the kind of weirdo that always steps into whatever church I happen to pass on the road, and this is one of my favorites. In fact, one of these days I'd love to go church-hunting and see how many churches I can find in the LES and East Village to photograph (there are A TON). :)

Oh, and Morgan - that guy looks like your ex? Lucky girl! He's a cute one! :)
And tamdoll, I must (guiltily) admit that I love to go "sightseeing" on a workday on Broadway - I will truly miss the men in shirts and ties if I ever leave this place. :)

Okay, assignment pictures will be my next post, I promise! I think I'm putting it off because I didn't get great shots. But oh well! Be ready with more suggestions!

5 comments:

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

So pretty! I love love love this time of year.

Lexi said...

I think these are flowering cherries :) Beautiful pics!

fredaherrera said...

I love your blog and I love your photos. I've been to NYC once, but I LOVED it and hope to visit soon. See these pictures makes me so anxious to start saving my traveling money again! Thank you!

My Realitty said...

I think it is funny. People keep referring to Oakland (where I live)as Brooklyn to SF's Manhattan. I don't know Brooklyn at all but my impression was not one of beauty. These pictures are beautiful. Thanks CM

Swapna said...

that is indeed a beautiful tree .. thanks for sharing your beautiful snaps...