Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nerdily stitching



My nerd quotient was rather high yesterday as I finally ironed and finished up Forbidden Love. I was even watching back Glee episodes. Yes, it was that bad.

I had no less than 30 different hoops to frame it in - from vintage metallic to cheesy 80's faux-woodgrain, but in the end I chose the standard:



Then I hooped up another little bit of fabric for a teeny-tiny project which I stitched while watching Priceless, a recent French film I adore.

And, since we're on the topic of nerdy stitching, I though I'd share something I found while digging around on my hard drive last week:
Pac man

Yes, you never know what you're going to find on your computer when you're a stitching dork like myself. :) A bit of web research told me that I'd likely found these patterns here, and from this Make post.

Is it just me, or is Pac Man looking a little wonky? I'm not sure I could stitch this without first creating a sharper-looking Pac Man:
Pac man

Seriously, this Pac-man and matching ghosts are far superior. :)

But the Pac-mania pattern has a decidedly wonky charm:
Pac-mania

Well, they're all in my Flickr stream if you care to have a nerdy go at it. I'd love to see if you make anything fun from them. :)

A kind of hilarious aside to this is - they are in a Flickr set I call "things that make me happy." I was talking to my sister on the phone the other day and she said rather worriedly, "I saw how small that set was, and it made me sad." :) No, really! A lot more things do make me happy! I just forget to add them there. ;)

2 comments:

Denise Felton said...

So geeky-cute! I love these so much, I linked to your post from my blog. You can see the story here: http://needlework.craftgossip.com/stitch-up-some-pac-mania/2010/05/18/. Thank you for all the wonderful content you share with us here and elsewhere.

Denise
http://needlework.craftgossip.com

Alissa said...

Oh my gosh, I love that! Who knew Daleks loved anything? So cute.