Thursday, May 13, 2010

Slacking



I've been slacking, on just about everything, due in part to the glorious weather, the contest on Feeling Stitchy,  etc. So, I have nothing new for you, and have not completed an assignment.

Instead, I'll share stills from one of my favorite films with you, Paris, Texas.



I don't have any words for how much I loved this movie. I just did.



I loved Nastassja Kinski - she has such a gorgeous simplicity, and is flawless.



There's such a meditative quality to it. If you loved Wings of Desire at all, I think you'll like it...



It's a slow-moving film, but if you watch nothing else, watch at least the opening moments in the desert. You truly won't regret it. Any favorite movies out there? This is one of those movies I could watch a million times...

4 comments:

Peanut said...

Urban Cowboy, and yes, I think I have seen it a million times. As a matter of fact I just saw it again last night at the Bullock Museum for their Made In Texas Film series. Barry Corbin (Uncle Bob) was there. It was awesome.

floresita said...

Urban Cowboy: oh yes. :)

Estefanita said...

haha - I just realized I think I sent that post to you about 3 times. Oh well - three is a magic number, verdad?

Estefanita said...

OH, I want to see it!! Steve has always told me it's wonderful. I think he has the original movie poster for Paris, TX hanging in his house.

-Steph