Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Long Island



I spent the weekend with a great friend and her family on Long Island. I loved being surrounded by trees, animals, birds, bees, and wildlife. There's a part of me that doesn't feel alive unless I can see green.

These were some lotus flowers on their koi pond:


h6

I loved the sharp shadows and the intense sun. There's something about sun on an island - it just doesn't shine the same way, anywhere else...



I was far too amused at how well the color of this flower matched my shoes:


Clumsy bees flew drunkenly from flower to flower, already laden with pollen, yet still wanting more:


Wild raspberries grew in the garden:
wild raspberries

Horses stood silently, on the other side of the fence:


And, the sunsets.
sunset in Long Island

I was grateful for every second of summer laziness:


Hope your holiday weekend was every bit as gorgeous.

2 comments:

Marla said...

Beeeautiful pictures. I am in love with those flats! :-)

Happy you're having fun! XOXO

Dani - tkdchick said...

Heaven on Earth!