Thursday, May 12, 2011

Inspiration for a rainy day

My creation
1. cat waits for dinner by fluffs cupcakes   2. bouquet by ghosty dreams and flower things
3. Spring fever led me to get flowers on my toes by heylucy  4. Party Up by Amanda Jean


Just a few awesome pics from Flickr peeps to inspire you on this rainy day...

You know what? We don't get much rain here in south Texas. But for the past few years, we've had dramatic mini-floods for about a week at a time in the summers, and living in New York, I missed them all. Today it's super-dark, the air is warm and ready for something amazing, a really, really big thunderstorm, I can feel it. There's nothing like that excitement in the air before a really big Texas thunderstorm.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm still waiting for a big thunderstorm here in NJ. Perfect crafting time!

Nicky said...

A rain storm sounds kind of dreamy right about now! When I stayed in Sonora, Mexico for a month (in September a few years back) we had rain and lightening storms every night, though it felt like a warm summer night. Hope you're enjoying the rare Texas storms :D Happy Friday!