Saturday, July 16, 2011

Stitching Saturday



Not feeling terribly inspired today, I pulled out my huge collection of Presencia floss and set out to make good on my threat to make floss palettes to match the hex palettes:
fl
Saturday palette

Not bad, huh? I think I did a decent job color matching, but it was much harder than it looked! For one thing, the color I was looking at in real life looked different on camera, then different on my computer screeen, then... argh. So it was kind of an added challenge. Not an exact match, but maybe - colors "inspired by" the hex codes. :)

As usual, the most accurate color representation occurred when I dragged all my threads outside and photographed them in daylight.

Here's a couple of nice Flickr pics on that fuschia-ish pink theme:
birdie 014 The Fix (2)

Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Nicky said...

Cute lil birdie :D