Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tutorials Tuesday

So, I'm going to try to post more often here, especially for this week. And if I can only keep it up for a week or two, or this month, that'll be good. :)

I also thought I'd use this opportunity to experiment daily with fonts - hence, the rather huge, hit-you-on-the-head statement below. :)


First up is a tutorial I found on my blog reading elsewhere:


It's called How to Create a Futuristic Sci-Fi Scene. I'm a big sci-fi fan of all decades, but it's my opinion that sci-fi hasn't been so great in the past 10 years. Anyhow, I love futuristic scenes like these, and it just fascinates me that there's a walkthrough and actual process you can follow for creating one. :)

Next up is a free Wordpress blog theme I really like called Melville:

I really love clean, open designs like this that focus on the text. Templates have come such a long way since I started blogging years ago. I'm thinking of shifting all of my templates (and the Feeling Stitchy one). I find this one inspiring for my own blog...

No comments: