Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wardrobe Wednesday: the black dress

My creation

Here's what I've worn to, oh the last 3 weddings I've attended - including last weekend's. :) Yes, I actually styled my hair in a flip - it's pretty retro, but I've always loved that look. Plus it's low-maintenance, and that's the only sort of look my naughty hair can maintain.

My creation

A cute pair of black satin peep toes with black chiffon flowers from (where else do I get special event shoes at the last minute?) Payless. I was surprised at how comfortable these shoes are, given the heel height. But they fit perfectly and I trotted around in them all night with no problem. Not bad for 18 bucks. (on sale) Has anyone else noticed that Payless shoe prices have been creeping up? Regular price for these was 35. I know they're nicer shoes, but still. They should just call the 30 dollar and up shoes Paymores. :)

My creation

This dress is just a simple black chiffon halter dress, but I really love the length and the style and it goes with anything. It's dressy enough to look dressed up but not SO dressy that you feel like you're cheesing it up in satin. I actually wore it as my bridesmaid dress for my best friend's wedding - we were all allowed to pick our own style of dress, as long as it was black, and past the knee. The #1 compliment I get on this dress is that it looks "very classy." I can deal with classy. :)

What about you? Do you have a favorite dress you wear to weddings all the time? :)

2 comments:

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Oh, definitely classy! I love the Payless shoes, too (and yes - I agree about the prices; remember when you could get a pair for $10 there?). It's always good to have a fancy fallback!

Katie said...

Love the outfit and the flip! Sadly, my hair is now too long for a flip, but when it was shorter I styled it like that all the time! Super cute.