Friday, June 8, 2012

Flashback Friday: My vintage transfer blog

sweet deer

Those of you who know me well know that I have 3 blogs. :) I edit and blog for Feeling Stitchy, I have this blog, and I have a blog dedicated to vintage transfers, called Vintage Transfer Finds. At this point, the average human being has fallen asleep. Enjoy your nap, those peeps! For the rest of you awake folks, I'll carry on. :)

When I first started blogging at VTF, I loved my vintage transfer blog - I used it to minutely catalog and categorize my large collection of old transfers. Over time, I've shared there less and less, but as the blogging world so often does, other nice peeps were inspired by my blog and have filled in the gaps, sharing their own vintage transfers and stitching on Flickr.

My friend Bethie is doing a guest post on VTF this Saturday, so in an effort to clean house, I blew the cobwebs off my template and tinkered away. I un-archived a whole mess of free patterns, which I'll be sharing there in the weeks to come.


nice spices

VTF is a mirror for my soul - painstakingly catalogued, full of weirdness, bad puns, and ephemera.

I've always been fascinated with changing times - with everyday values - what changes over the years, what stays the same - what's funny, what's cute, and that subtle shift each generation goes through that results in cute becoming creepy, and vice versa. The 40's, 50's, and 60's fascinate me - but so does this time period - where we all sit around on our butts reading our phones and pawing at our computers and iPads. :)

sassy señorita

I don't know how long I can keep up 3 blogs and 2 Flickr accounts (cough: not much longer, I think :) so you might want to hop over there and grab up some patterns. I revamped the navigation and have tried to make it easier to find all the patterns. Hope you enjoy your visit, and that you all have awesome weekends! :)

No comments: