Thursday, June 7, 2012

Three things Thursday: Vintage tones


missmultitete b   v n132    toptailsport 24
All images courtesy of pilllpat (agence eureka)

th3
This week's three things all come from the lovely photostream of pilllpat (agence eureka) on Flickr. I love poking around and looking at her cat pictures and her lovely trove of scanned French ephemera. I especially loved playing with the face and features in Photoshop and those fun top and bottom cards that you can print and rearrange to great effect. If you took the numbers off of them, they could also make a great memory game. (I loved memory games as a kid.)

Here's a color palette based off of that third image:
pal

Also, this makes me feel like an old crank, but here are three things I don't like about the new Flickr - that automatic sizing to the largest size (the weird re-sampling and sharpening it does makes even nice pics look odd), the new Uploader, which is WAY too complicated, and the default lightbox view when paging through group streams. I can think of far more than three things, but the crank will stop there. :)

No comments: