Thursday, June 13, 2013

Three Things Thursday: Best friends

us2  us1  us5

It's a funny thing, being best friends with someone, and a blessing I wish on everyone. I'm a pretty solitary person, comfortable with lots of alone time and introspective habits, and my circle of close friends is quite small. Through it all, though, my best friend has been a near-constant part of my life since we had our first long talk at an Academic Decathlon meet in high school, 1 billion years ago. :)

I still remember that talk, the way I felt - like I was completely at home. That finally, sitting next to me was someone who completely understood me. I've been in love before, but this type of love is very different - the love I have for my best friend. We know all of each other's faults (she knows mine completely), each other's limitations, and we've had ups and downs, but nothing changes the fact that we love each other completely - for who we are, limitations included.

Every time we talk we tap into this common source that's been fueling our talks forever - no matter how much time has elapsed it is always the same. We could talk all night, and in spite of whatever is happening in our lives, we can always laugh, feel joy, and be comfortable with each other.

I'm so happy you're my best friend, and I feel blessed beyond all measure that you came into my life!

Do you have best friends? Give them a big hug for me. :)

No comments: