Friday, March 28, 2014

Feline Friday: Animal Care Services

A286239

A285731

A225783

A262441

ginger2

Last week I volunteered at Animal Care Services in San Antonio, the city's main animal shelter, to take photos of the cats. All of these adorable animals are available for adoption in the Cattery.

I was pretty nervous at first - the workers were doubtful that I'd be able to get any good shots. But they were helpful opening cages, and nudging the cats back and forth, trying to get their attention, etc. Totally a team effort, and fun.

Gradually, I became more comfortable opening the cages on my own, and with lots of patience, I got some good shots. It feels so good to know these kitties have a better chance at being adopted now that they've put their best paw forward, so to speak. :)

I feel so grateful for all the help I received getting the feral cats in my backyard spayed and neutered - this is my small way of giving back to the wonderful community of workers and volunteers at ACS, Best Friends Society, SNAP, and the Hill Country Animal League that made that possible.

No comments: