Friday, April 11, 2014

Feline Friday: Herman and Sara

Herman - A283347

I'm loving this tubby, fluffy cat Herman at the ACS shelter. He was all purrs and cuddling for every visitor as I snapped pics of the cats this week.

Herman - A283347

I got some really fun shots thanks to the feather wand I brought with me this time around - perfect to get their attention - it drew even the shyest cats out of their cubbies.

Herman - A283347

This lovely lady, Sara was a shy one, but whenever the room got quiet, she would warm up and come out. She just seemed to need some one-on-one time.

Sara - A288494

I'm loving the contrast between their "before and after" pics - when the kitties come in they're sometimes scared, hurt, or dirty, and just a few days at the shelter can make a HUGE difference in their appearance and demeanor. In fact, seeing Herman's sad picture on the site was what made me want to volunteer to take photos in the first place... so I feel like I've achieved one goal. :)

Herman Before:
Herman After:
Herman - A283347

Sara Before:
Sara After:
Sara - A288494

Amazing what some loving care and a nice photo can do! I feel so lucky to be volunteering with so many people who truly love animals.

If you live in the San Antonio area, be sure to check out Animal Care Services for your next pet - you can find more info on these sweet cats at http://www.sanantonio.gov/animalcare/programs/search.aspx. I also have a photo set of ACS Kitties on Flickr.

No comments: