Friday, August 1, 2014

Feline Friday: Animal Defense League

Rico

Last weekend I headed out to the Animal Defense League of Texas for a special Cat Photography workshop, where I learned all about grooming and photographing cats.

As luck would have it, the camera used in the video demonstrations was the same as mine, so it was easy to follow along. I plugged the settings into my camera, and since I hardly ever mess with the manual modes, I didn't know what to expect.

But the result was awesomeness!

Freida

The camera settings did a really nice job of capturing the beauty of the cats' eyes. And by setting the camera to burst mode (well, DUH, me) I was able to get a lot more photos before the cats wiggled away.

Keith

Having the focus point set in the center took some getting used to - it's best when the cat's face fills the whole frame, but on pics like the one above, I could get away with the face being slightly out of focus...

Garth

I was shocked at how nice these pics were - I really learned a lot, and had a great time.

Lacy

The ADL grounds were super nice, too - very spacious, and filled with flowers and green grass.

The Cattery is like a house built for cats - with all the adoptable adult cats roaming one large room with hidey holes and overhead ramps and tunnels that go into an outdoor screened area. Everything was so clean and pleasant and the cats seemed genuinely happy. The staff and volunteers were awesome, too.

Robyn

I definitely recommend a visit to the Animal Defense League of Texas, if you're ever in the area!

Columbus

No comments: