Wednesday, September 28, 2016
After many hours of stitching and imagining and re-tracing, I am done! This project was one of the most fun I've ever attempted - I think part of it was all the encouragement I received on Instagram that kept me plugging along week after week.
I finished the back as neatly as possible, but I purposely made the stitches a bit long and loose, in case the back ever needs to be removed for repair or to re-stretch the embroidery.
I won't lie, I struggled a bit with the tiny date - I re-stitched it countless times, but I like this simple, very small, un-fussy version. I used DMC gold thread, just one strand for the date.
Overall, this is one of the projects I am most happy with - a real pleasure to stitch. I expanded my stitch library and used stitches in ways I hadn't before - it was well worth the extra challenge. I'll have a review as soon as possible up on Feeling Stitchy - which I'll link to from here, of course, if you'd like to see it! :)
Friday, September 16, 2016
I'm almost finished and I have to say I am really happy with this project. Up above, you see my progress with adding initials in the center.
I stitched the berries using 1 strand of DMC rayon floss in a shiny copper color - 30434 - Sepia Brown.
The finished berries - I love the sheen.
Next, I finished up the back - I drew up the excess linen in the back using a loose running stitch. Then I cut a circle of interfacing and stitched some navy linen onto it...
Here's what I hope the finished back will look like - nice and neat!
I braided some gold floss together to give the hoop something nice to hang from...
Apologies for the last few photos, they were taken in the middle of some late-night crafting, and my cell camera is very odd in low light.
But there's my progress so far! I'll get some proper photos before I give the hoop away, and share those and a book review on Feeling Stitchy very soon!