Saturday, October 1, 2011

Stitching Saturday: monkey colors

ss1

I was over on Ravelry and one look at this little guy and my weekend was spoken for:



I don't know what I love more - the monkey pattern, the pose, the awesome photo, or the bright, perfect colors she chose. All of it. I love all of it.

One thing I love about all this crafting I've been doing is how much it makes me think of and notice color. I would have never looked at these 5 colors and put them together, but they look perfect:
theirs

Naturally, I was itching to start right away (as usual) so I used the colors I had on hand, and not bad ones, at that. But I'm starting to recognize a very consistent batch of colors I gravitate towards online and in real life:
mine

All except for that rusty, terracotta color - I threw that in for contrast, but it's not in my normal color scheme.

Here are the yarn counterparts:
monkey colors
If you're curious - from left to right they are Bamboo Ewe - Eucalyptus, Wool of the Andes- Cloud and Mink Heather, Bamboo Ewe - Beach Glass. And that rusty terracotta color on top - Linda, help me out (i.e. this was one of many generous gifts from you!) do you recognize it? :)

3 comments:

L said...

Hmm, I'm not 100 percent sure but I think it might be Louet Gems (worsted wool) in #47 Terra Cotta.

Ducky said...

That little fellow is adorable!

beadgirl said...

Aw, man, now I want to start knitting . . .