Wednesday, April 8, 2015

New Knit Stitch a Week: Diagonal Rib

Diagonal Rib

Teaching myself one new knit stitch a week, from the Complete Guide to Needlework book, c. 1979.

As you can see, both the wrong side (pink yarn) and right side (white yarn) are the same. It's an interesting texture, I have to say I don't quite see the "diagonal", although it does stretch on the diagonal. I can see the rib - it's a nice, bulky texture, and the pattern is relatively easy to remember.

Using size 6 needles, I cast on 16 stitches in:
Left: a pink cotton blend yarn from my stash
Right: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Oyster Heather

Multiple of 4 stitches.

Row 1: *K2, P2*
Row 2 and all alt rows: knit the purl stitches and purl the knit stitches of the previous row
Row 3: *K1, P2, K1*
Row 5: *P2, K2*
Row 7: *P1, K2, P1*

No comments: