Saturday, October 18, 2014

Stitching Saturday: Do What You Can Do

starting out

I'm in love with this free pattern by Mollie Johanson. Lately, Do What You Can Do has become my informal mantra - the busier my life becomes, between blogging, real work, family, and volunteering - the more I realize that life will always be decisions as to what's important, what needs doing first, and what is a priority.

Untitled

Recently, I was sent these beautiful Merino wool threads by Mountain Meadow Wool, so I did a test-drive and review on Feeling Stitchy.

It was a lot of fun, and challenging, as I was juggling a couple of other projects simultaneously, someone in my family was sick, and I was doing a lot of volunteering for the animal shelter and my church.

finished

I struggle with my perfectionist side, that wants to create this amazing, perfectly designed experience which I just don't have the time to create. So, Do What You Can Do takes over.

I hung this on my wall so that it's the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning, and its reassurance has helped immensely when I feel stressed at all.

finished

But ultimately, I think I'm going to gift this to my sister, as she is famous for wanting to do it all, too. :) How about you guys? Is your crafting and life gearing up to an all-time busy high as well? May I suggest sitting down with this pattern, and taking a little time for yourself? :)

No comments: