Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Knit Stitch a Week: Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Teaching myself one new knit stitch a week, from the Complete Guide to Needlework book, c. 1979, and other sources.

I cast on 21 stitches on size 6 needles:
Left: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, Oyster Heather
Right: Elsebeth Lavold Baby Llama in Lime Juice

Now that I can follow a pattern without throwing it at the wall, I am really having fun with these knitted swatches. I'm much less afraid of complicated changes, and I'm hoping this improves my knitting repertoire. :)

As much as I love the fluffiness of that Baby Llama yarn, I have to admit a lot of stitch definition is lost in its fluffy shadows. Feels nice, though.

Row 1: K1 *yo, K3, sl1, K2tog, psso, K3, yo, K1*
Row 2 and alt rows: purl
Row 3: K1 *K1, yo, K2, s1, K2 tog, psso, K2, yo, K2*
Row 5: K1 *K2, yo, K1, sl1, K2 tog, psso, K1, yo, K3*
Row 7: K1 *K3, yo, sl1, K2 tog, psso, yo, K4*

No comments: