Friday, September 16, 2016
Winter wreath - almost finished
I'm almost finished and I have to say I am really happy with this project. Up above, you see my progress with adding initials in the center.
I stitched the berries using 1 strand of DMC rayon floss in a shiny copper color - 30434 - Sepia Brown.
The finished berries - I love the sheen.
Next, I finished up the back - I drew up the excess linen in the back using a loose running stitch. Then I cut a circle of interfacing and stitched some navy linen onto it...
Here's what I hope the finished back will look like - nice and neat!
I braided some gold floss together to give the hoop something nice to hang from...
Apologies for the last few photos, they were taken in the middle of some late-night crafting, and my cell camera is very odd in low light.
But there's my progress so far! I'll get some proper photos before I give the hoop away, and share those and a book review on Feeling Stitchy very soon!